Is there still a hype around Valentine’s day? Heart-shaped boxes, jewelry, flowers, romantic dinner for two? What about if we take a new perspective on this day?
Finding love is key to happiness, right? Why aren’t we thinking and paying enough attention to the most powerful form of love: SELF-LOVE? Self-love is essential. Many of us have already learned that until we become our own source of love, we will end up in the wrong relationships, constantly looking for someone else to give us all of the things that we haven’t been able to give to ourselves yet.
1. Every morning drink a big mug of warm water (mine is about 350ml) to flush all the toxins out of your body! Even better if you squeeze in half of a fresh lemon. Or what we love the most is adding 2 teaspoons of our BAOBAB in it to double the fibers (little extra love for your digestive system) and antioxidants, while seriously boosting your immune system! A tiny morning habit that makes a huge difference!
2. Stretch and wake up your muscles in your back, shoulder, neck, and face area! Some yoga exercise like sun salutation at least 5 times is great to awaken your body, then continue with some shoulder and neck stretching. Finally, never skip your 3 steps facial exercise in the mornings:
1. Warm up the skin and muscles with hands.
2. Work out the muscles through exercises.
3. Boost the blood circulation and soothe the skin with my face roller between essential tonics and serums/oil serums.
3. Apply every day a few drops of Vitamin C before your morning oil or moisturizer. We think the oil-based vitamin C serums are the best ones or the ones that naturally containing a large portion of vitamin C, e.g. Baobab oil
4. Exfoliate twice a week, if your skin looks dull and grayish. There is a lot to say about exfoliation, you might want to catch up on this blog post here (Let’s talk about exfoliation). There’re 3 ways we suggest exfoliating to keep your glow and keep your skin renewal process active:
1. Chemical exfoliation, no more than once a week, using Aha fruity acids or lactic acids. If you have large pores, you wanna go with BHA that goes deeper.
2. Before and during the period, we recommend either applying mandalic acid (10%) daily or glycolic acid (7%) daily after cleansing and before applying serums and oils.
3. If you wake up with the feeling of having greasy and heavy skin, it can be either due to what you’ve eaten the day before or this might come down to hormonal changes. In the morning, just mix honey and rice flour and apply it with circular movements. Leave it on for 10 min (while doing your yoga poses:)) then rinse it off again with circular movements to exfoliate the skin.
5. Take care of your health! Cut off sugar and any milk or dairy products for the next 2 weeks and you will notice the difference. This might be shocking for you but sugar, smoking, stress, and sunlight are the most critical skin aging factors. I am not going to ask for the moon to quit smoking or to reduce stress from one day to another, but you can start with little steps and reduce your sugar intake, so your body and your skin will have to fight less with inflammation.
WANT TO TREAT YOURSELF THIS VALENTINE’S DAY?
CHOOSE A FACIAL TOOL OR SKINCARE PRODUCT
GET 15% OFF
USE PROMO COD: VDAY15
Hope you found these tips useful. If you’d like to discover your conscious skincare routine through a 25 minute consultation with us, click the link below and send us a quick email for more details!